aluminum 5083 vs 6061
Aluminum 5083 is the representative product of the 5 series. Most of the temper is H321, H116, 5083 was usually used in the shipbuilding industry. 6061 aluminum is the representative product of the 6 series, the temper is generally 6061-T6, 6061-T651 and 6061-T652. 6061-T6 is The artificial aging state after solution heat treatment (quenching) improves the strength and hardness of the aluminum sheet. So what is the specific difference between aluminum 5083 vs 6061?
Comparison of aluminum 5083 vs 6061
1. After heat treatment (T6), 6061 alloy reaches medium strength, and its strength is higher than 5083 materials;
2. The material of 6061 T6511 aluminum sheet is easier to process than 5 series alloys such as 5083. It shows better processing performance when machining with single-point or multi-axis diamond tools;
3. 6061 alloy has excellent surface treatment and anodizing characteristics, and the effect of hard oxidation is slightly better than that of 5 series materials such as 5083;
4. 6061 also has a certain degree of corrosion resistance, and the corrosion resistance will not decrease when exposed to the air, but it is not as strong as 5083.
Performance and application of aluminum 5083 aluminum
5083 aluminum sheet is AL-Mg series anti-rust aluminum alloy, which is characterized by excellent welding performance and good corrosion resistance.
1. Weldability: 5083 alloy has good welding performance-it can be welded by various welding methods, and the strength of the weld can be equal to the basic strength of the annealed state. At the same time, it has good extensibility, cold formability, and reliable corrosion resistance. As the temperature decreases, the tensile strength, yield strength, and elongation of the base metal and welded joints increase, and the low temperature toughness is very good.
2. Corrosion resistance: 5083 alloy has good corrosion resistance in various conditions, and has good corrosion resistance to the atmosphere, fresh water, sea water, alcohol, gasoline and diesel, organic acids, concentrated nitric acid, and various foods. But 5083 alloy is prone to stress corrosion cracking. In order to avoid stress corrosion cracking, the working temperature of 5083 alloy should not exceed 65 degrees.
Based on the above two outstanding features of 5083, the application areas of 5083 cover: low-temperature application products: storage and transportation of petroleum and industrial gases. High-speed trains, subways, pressure vessels, hulls or the outer layers of buildings, such as speedboats, navy ships and construction ships, road transportation: commercial vehicles and trailers, etc. Common engineering applications: mechanical parts, fixtures, tooling fixtures, platforms; base sheet plates and common tools, etc.
Performance and application of aluminum 6061
The main alloying elements in 6061 aluminum sheet are Mg and Si, which have medium strength, good corrosion resistance, weldability, and good oxidation effect. The aluminum 6061-T651 produced by Mingtai AL. Industrial Co.,Ltd has excellent processing performance, good corrosion resistance, high toughness, no deformation after processing, easy color film, and excellent oxidation effect. Its application fields are relatively wide: suitable for aerospace, military products, fixtures, blow molds, thermoforming molds, automotive molds, electronic product processing and precision equipment processing.
There are many grades of aluminum alloy materials, and different grades of materials have different elements and contents. Different element contents determine different physical and mechanical properties. It also determines that different grades of materials are suitable for different fields and products. This is today’s small Compile the information about the difference between aluminum 5083 and 6061 for everyone. If you have any requirements for 5083 and 6061 aluminum sheet plate products, please contact us in email@example.com