Introduction of 6061 aluminum for sale
6061 aluminum for sale is a standard aluminum material for general applications. Silicon and magnesium are the main alloying elements of this heat-treatable aluminum alloy. Usually used in structural applications, it has good formability, weldability and corrosion resistance. Although it turns out that it may not be as good as 2024 and 7075, it will certainly be used in many parts that do not require the higher strength levels of 7075 and 2024.
One of the main benefits of choosing aluminium grade 6061 is the versatility of the alloy. It is ideal for electronics and agriculture, and can also be used for storage tanks, hydraulic cylinders, pipes, construction, and even sporting goods. The cost-effective 6061 T6 aluminum sheet and related products are the first choice for customers who want to obtain general options.
6061 aluminum for sale performance advantage
1. Medium strength, good plasticity and excellent corrosion resistance
2. The strength of 6061 aluminum for sale is higher than that of 6063 aluminum because its alloying elements contain a small amount of copper.
3. Excellent features such as no deformation after processing, easy color film, and excellent oxidation effect
4. Mingtai Aluminum produces smooth and bright surface of 6061 aluminum plate, without milling surface, quality assurance.
What is the weight of 6061 aluminum for sale？
How to calculate the weight of aluminum alloy 6061 aluminum for sale? First of all, you need to sort out the weight calculation formula, weight = density × volume. Then, the density of aluminum is 2.7g/cm3, assuming the size of the aluminum plate is 4’x 8’x 1/5″, the volume is 921 cubic inches or 15092cm3, multiplied by the density of 2.7g/cm3, the weight is 41 kg or 90 pounds. Finally, the weight of each piece of 1/5 inch thick aluminum alloy 6061 is 41 kg or 90 pounds.
There are two points to note. First, the final figure above is the weight of each 1/5 inch thick aluminum alloy 6061 that we calculated. If you buy more than one aluminum plate, you need to calculate the weight of each aluminum alloy. Multiply by the number of pieces. The second point is also very important. Observe the unit of measurement for each number. It must be the same level of measurement unit to calculate the correct weight.
Why choose Mingtai Aluminum as the source of 6061 aluminum for sale?
1. Mingtai Aluminum has more than 3 years of experience in the manufacturing, inventory and supply of 6061 aluminum plates;
2. Provide free samples of 6061 aluminum plate, the best price of 6061 aluminum for sale. Supply, short delivery time;
3. Exporting aluminum 6061 that meets various standards is our specialty;
4. We can handle logistics-FOB, CIF delivery to any port for you；
5. ODM&OEM can be provided, and customized size and design can be accepted.